Thursday, January 13, 2011

Monster Contest


As a result of doing some research for the last post, I ended up watching the video for "Monster" a few times. WTF. I would have loved to be at the meeting where Kanye's people came up with the concept. Like, "This video needs women. Naked women. I mean, dead naked women. EVERYWHERE." Regardless, the diversity and range of these four verses are incredible. If I've got this right, I believe Kanye's verse contains a quick reference to Napoleon Dynamite. First reader to email wecheckrecords@gmail.com with the line gets a mix CD of songs featured on or inspired by this blog.

4 comments:

  1. whatever i wanna do GOSH its cool now

    ReplyDelete
  2. You win. Email your mailing address to wecheckrecords@gmail.com.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should have another contest so I can win it! Also, I had the same WTF reaction upon viewing the Monster video. I don't understand why dead women are so attractive right now--I think it's part of our odd cultural obsession with zombies. The song is so much better than the video, which is just odd and boring, in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete