Thursday, October 4, 2012

Six Words for Kid Cudi





I slept on a deep listen to Kid Cudi's Man on the Moon II: The Legend of Mr. Rager after only having given it a cursory glance a year back. It's been going loud in the car stereo for the last few days, to and from work. I know I shouldn't have students and their moms turning their heads when I drive by... I was guilty of that today while blasting "Ashin' Kusher", an amazing song with a terrible name.

What has stood out to me most about Cudi on this album is his versatility. He can rap; his singing voice is unique. And what about "Erase Me"! I guess this was a single two (?) years ago. I totally missed it. I keep listening to this song, so much so that I thought back to my old "six word review" game and couldn't help but consider:

Kid Cudi: Ric Ocasek Rap Star

Seriously. I know he's giving it up to Hendrix in the video, but are the Cars not all over this track? 

No comments:

Post a Comment