Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Pyramids at Lollapalooza

Got the chance to see Frank Ocean's set at Lollapalooza last weekend and was definitely impressed most of all by his variety. He came out and did two songs accompanied only by an acoustic guitar, including an excellent cover of Sade's "By Your Side". His live band kicked in for most of the middle of the set. With them, he hit "Thinkin Bout You" and "Novacane" and then some of his best stuff from Nostalgia, ultra and Channel Orange. The highlight for me was "Pyramids"; I hadn't imagined that a nine-minute track that changes tempo in the middle could have kept the crowd grooving for the whole time, but it did the trick.

 

2 comments:

  1. so yall decided to go see frank over santigold, eh? sounds awesome! did he play forrest gump? im really digging that song right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't remember that one from the set. I haven't heard how Santigold was. I like some tracks from the new album.

    ReplyDelete