Friday, July 22, 2011

Messing with Saxophones

Perhaps inspired by "Just Dance"-era Lady Gaga (before her empowerment phase), Katy Perry and Ke$ha are making it popular again to sing about young girls getting dangerously drunk and bragging about it. At least Cyndi Lauper was discreet. When I heard "Last Friday Night" on the drive home from work this week, I almost barfed. Until it got to that beautifully manipulated saxophone solo. Listen to that. So good.

It got me thinking about other strange saxophone sounds in pop songs. One comes to mind from Pink Floyd. Can anyone think of it?! Maybe I'll follow up with another post.

Go ahead and just skip to 3:58.

Katy Perry: Last Friday Night (T.G.I.F.) from Starworks Artists on Vimeo.

1 comment:

  1. When I want to manipulate sax sounds, I just open this" in three different tabs. Depending on how you stagger them, you can do time travel.

    ReplyDelete