Thursday, September 20, 2012

"Secret Heart" / "Face Like Summer"

It's such a treat every now and then to hear a song that you can definitively say is beautiful. When I think about the songs I've thought this way about over the years, it almost always comes back to the song's melody. Some melodic tunes are great because they are sparse (a recent one I listened to again is Dylan's early version of "Tomorrow is a Long Time"). But the ones that really stick with me are the ones that have a perfect arrangement to highlight the delivery of the song.

Two songs I heard last week that I just can't get enough of right now are Ron Sexsmith's "Secret Heart" and "Face Like Summer" by Gorky's Zygotic Mynci. (I thank Michael Bochner and my brother Evan for the tips on these.)








No comments:

Post a Comment